To be honest, I was beyond surprised when I got notified about this award. It might be due to my inconsistency and/or the fact that I’m still trying to find my place in the blogging world because my blog is mix of everything under the sun. I feel much honored that I was nominated into the “sisterhood”. Thanks, Sharon! I’m glad to be a part of the “sisterhood.”
Sharon is an amazing writer and a beautiful person who writes at Sharon Salu. Her works are phenomenal. I stylishly-stalked her for a while after a friend recommended her, shush don’t tell her.
Her personality shines through her writing and infact, check here for yourself. You won’t regret it.
First off, the Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
Thank You again Sharon, you’re amazing.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you
- Nominate five blogs;
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Why do you write/blog?
I blog for different reasons. Most importantly, to have a voice, to express my thoughts and opinions.
To become a better thinker and do-er.
- What is your favorite color?
To be honest, I don’t have any.
The choice varies….. every minute or so. I like black(it’s timeless), white(there’s just something about that color), brown( all shades of brown, I don’t think you can go wrong with brown), red(amazing, can’t go wrong), gray(just OMG!!!),yellow, blue,… okay as you can see, I can’t make a choice.
- If you could invent one device that would change the world, what would it be?
A time machine…. That device could really solve many problems and save the world in many ways. So many actions, thoughts, words and events could have been altered or prevented altogether.
- What book(s) did you read that made a profound impact on your life?
#1 is the bible. That book is almost fully responsible for the person I am and becoming. In no particular order, the life of Pi by Yann Martel, The God of small things byArundhati Roy, Pursuit of happiness, Gifted hands… These can i remember at the moment.
- What language(s) can you speak apart from English?
Swedish(due to the fact I reside in Sweden, it’s necessary. as they say, when in Rome,
speak their language, nah do as the romans do)
Yoruba( I’m from the Yoruba tribe so… Jk, I surprisingly learnt the language later than expected, blame my parents!
I also speak German, French, Spanish, Norwegian, Arabic, Igbo, and so many more, if you count the languages of which I speak few words (some as little as 5 words)
Yeah I know they might not count but eh, speak is speak!
- Name one song you can’t get out of your head
“I wanna love you like I’m gonna lose you, I’m gonna love you like I’m gonna loo-ooo-ooose you”
Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend- Like I’m gonna lose You.
It has been in my head since I first listened to it and I haven’t been able to get it out. This is actually weird because songs stick and un-stick themselves in and out of my head easily. (If that makes any sense)
- Hugs versus Handshakes: Which do you prefer?
Hugs, partially because I’m scared of what hands have done and where hands have been. Crazy imaginary problems.
Hugs are also warm, comforting and really nice, I know I said nice. I personally do not think you can stay mad at a hugger.
Hugs prompt smiles, laughter(when hugging the right person, not thy enemy or the person owning you,lol) and oh, that sigh that drops sometimes(when hugging good people) – Gawd
Plus, i’m a hug-er myself…. So, HUGS!!!
- Which country would you love to visit?
I love to travel and haven’t been able to do as many as I wish.
Therefore, I will say countries… Mexico, Thailand, India, China, Italy, France, Greece, UAE… infact the whole world. Really if I could, I would travel around the world.
- Complete this sentence: The world needs more …
Peace, love, food, unity, writers- All for obvious reasons
- Complete this sentence: The world needs less…
Violence, ignorance, pollution, also all for obvious reasons
I therefore nominate the following bloggers:
Here are my questions:
- What- To you is the best thing about blogging?
- Favorite room/ Place?
- Song you can’t get out of your head?
- If you won a lottery, what are the first three things you would do?
- Your motto or a saying you love the most?
- Book, person or event that changed your life?
- Languages you can speak?
- Something you can’t live without?
- Your guilty pleasure?
- Tell me something I don’t know about you.
Please let me know when you respond to this award.